The Judge Building
The 80,000 square foot, 8-floor, vintage Judge Building is located on Broadway in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. This historic building was built in 1906 by Mary Judge, a business-savvy widow who commissioned the internationally renowned David C. Dart as chief architect. Mary Judge was married to John Judge, a partner with Thomas Kearns and David Keith in developing the famous Silver King Mine in Park City. Originally known as the Railroad Exchange Building, by 1909 twenty- two railroad companies had their Salt Lake offices here. The building features a copper cornice, colorful ceramic tile triangles, and swags of carved stone fruit above the seventh-story windows. The Kimballs continually upgraded this building to make sure it was nothing less than the most classical and tastefully designed historical building in Utah. The Kimballs sold this building in 2007.